Patch 3.2 is now live, and I have updated our relevant profession guides to reflect any changes that impact them. The majority of the profession changes in patch 3.2 didn’t impact on our leveling guides, so there isn’t a huge amount that has changed. The 3.2 release patch notes for professions are copied below and I have highlighted the changes that impacted our leveling guides. For full details about all the other changes included in patch 3.2 see WoW – Patch Notes.
- All stackable potions now stack to 20.
- Added a new pattern for Flask of the North, usable by players with a high alchemy skill. The recipe is purchased from Northrend trainers. Flask of the North increases your spell power, attack power or strength for 1 hour and is usable in Arenas. It is not consumed when used.
- Endless Healing Potion and Endless Mana Potion no longer usable in arenas. Amount of health and mana has been increased, and the cooldown reduced.
- Five new epic gem transmute recipes are available from the Northrend trainer. The recipe for transmuting a Cardinal Ruby can be learned from a quest, given by Linzy Blackbolt in Dalaran.
- Transmute: Ametrine
- Transmute: Cardinal Ruby
- Transmute: Dreadstone
- Transmute: Eye of Zul
- Transmute: King’s Amber
- Transmute: Majestic Zircon
- The Mixology benefits from Northrend elixirs and flasks have been increased.
- Rage potions can now be used by druids.
- Blackened Dragonfin Recipe: Now only requires 1 Dragonfin Angelfish.
- Chef’s Hat is now superior quality and allows the chef to cook faster.
- Increased the drop rate for recipes from the Outland Daily Cooking quests.
- Increased the chance to get a bonus Dalaran Cooking Token from the Spice Bag.
- The recipe for Captain Rumsey’s Lager can now be randomly found in the quest reward Crate, Barrel, or Spice Bag from the cooking dailies.
- Values on Northrend ring enchants increased.
- Added a new Mind Amplification Dish attachment for helmets, allowing engineers to control other humanoid targets. Some restrictions apply: does not work in Arenas, dish sometimes reverses targets, unable to stack with other stat-improving head enchantments and makes your helmet look… stylish? This attachment provides a passive bonus of 45 stamina.
- Added a schematic for a Goblin Beam Welder that can heal friendly mechanical or vehicle units.
- Alarm-o-Bot functionality changed. Materials required reduced.
- Box of Bombs no longer requires an anvil.
- The Cobalt Frag Bomb now incapacitates enemies within a 3-yard radius. A short cast time was added, but they are usable while moving. This change applies to any Cobalt Frag Bombs already created. The existing recipe now makes 3 at a time.
- Engineers can now learn to create a portable Wormhole Generator for Northrend. The Wormhole allows them to travel to different locations in Northrend, although the locations are sometimes in dangerous places.
- Flying Machine: The level requirement needed to learn how to build and use this machine has been reduced to level 60, down from level 70, and the engineering skill level reduced to 300, down from 350. Material costs reduced.
- Gnomish Engineers and Goblin Engineers can now switch profession specializations for a fee.
- Increased benefits from Hyperspeed Accelerators, Hand-Mounted Pyro Rocket and Reticulated Armor Webbing glove modifications.
- Increased the passive bonuses provided by Springy Arachnoweave, Flexweave Underlay and Nitro Boosts.
- Increased siege damage caused by Saronite Bombs and the Global Thermal Sapper Charge.
- Mote Extractor now has innate tracking for gas clouds while it is in your inventory. Tracking of gas clouds has been removed from goggles.
- A new repair bot has been added, and his name is Jeeves. He is the ultimate gentleman robot butler, able to perform all the mundane tasks of repairing, selling and buying junk for your entire raid. Additionally, he can open bank boxes for skilled engineers (350+). Jeeves is not destroyed when used, but due to pressing engagements, can only be summoned once an hour. The schematic for this handsome robot was said to be hidden within the parts of another robot – hoping to be found by an engineer one day.
- Nitro Boosts: Now have a 5-second duration.
- Potion Injectors now increase the amount gained by 25% when used by engineers. Quantity produced by recipes for Runic Healing Injectors and Runic Mana Injectors has been increased.
- Reduced the materials needed to create all engineering Dragonlings, and reduced their cooldowns, although they still cannot be used in Arenas.
- Significantly reduced the cooldown on MOLL-E.
- The Spynocular belt attachment has been changed to a Frag Belt. The Frag Belt periodically produces a Cobalt Frag Bomb that can be used from the belt every 6 minutes (never runs out!).
- A Steam-Powered Auctioneer has been added to the Dalaran Like Clockwork engineering shop, allowing access to one’s faction Auction House. The Steam-Powered Auctioneer was programmed with a superiority chip, and will only interact with Grand Master engineers.
- Transporter devices are no longer classified as trinkets and can be used directly from your inventory.
- The Ultrasafe Bullet Machine and Saronite Arrow Maker schematics have been simplified to create a full stack of the appropriate ammunition. No longer requires an anvil. Reduced the materials required to make this ammunition.
- World Enlarger: Cooldown reduced to 15 minutes, down from 1 hour.
- Players with 300 or higher cooking have a chance to find a Waterlogged Recipe in the Bag of Fishing Treasures awarded by the Northrend fishing dailies. This item can be traded to other players and rewards several Dalaran Cooking Rewards when turned in.
- Increased healing from Lifeblood (Rank 6) (3600 over 5 seconds).
- Lifeblood now scales slightly with maximum health. No longer affected by global cooldown.
- Added a new Glyph of Claw for young feral druids who haven’t yet obtained Mangle. Scribes can learn this glyph from the trainer.
- Master’s Inscriptions increased.
- Dragon’s Eye gems stat bonuses increased. In addition, these gems are no longer prismatic and must be matched to the appropriate colored socket to activate an item’s socket bonus.
- New recipes have been added for cutting epic gems and can be purchased using Dalaran Jewelcrafter’s tokens.
- Icy Prism now has a chance of yielding an epic gem.
- Raw epic gems can be obtained via the following means:
- Prospecting Titanium Ore
- Alchemy transmutations
- Purchased with honor
- Purchased with Emblems of Heroism
- Added recipe for Heavy Knothide Leather to leatherworking trainers (rather than a vendor recipe).
- Changed several recipes to use Heavy Knothide Leather instead of regular Leather.
- Fur Lining values increased.
- Toughness (Rank 6) provides more stamina (+60).
- In addition to the normal requirements, mining deposits in Northrend now require a minimum character level of 65 to mine.
- Master of Anatomy (Rank 6) provides more critical strike rating (+40).